C-Media CM8738 and KDE?

Hello folks,

I am not able to get proper sound with a PCI soundcard under KDE which
comes with RH 7.1 distribution. On the other hand, with Gnome GUI
everything is fine during the boot of GUI and later. Also, sndconfig
finds the card without problem and I can also run music CDs within under
KDE - but no other sounds, for example when boot KDE, shutdown it,
logout the user etc. And "Test sound" button in K Sound Server sometimes
suggestion?

Regards,

Misko