ESD

I am having a problem with my soundcard (Maestro3) not working.  I've
heard rumors that it may be a kernel issue and I'm content to wait until
the next kernel release before troubleshooting further.

However, my ESD keeps restarting itself and using 90%+ of my CPU
cycles.  How can this be turned off?

KLEINFELDER
EXPECT MORE

Warning: Information provided via electronic media is not
guaranteed against defects including translation and
transmission errors.

If the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
information in error, please notify the sender immediately.