RE: Sound is not compiled into the system

Hi,

  I am resending this reply, in a hope that some body reads this and
consider to reply.

  The command "cat /proc/pci" says there is no such file or directory.

  The file "/etc/modules.conf"  contains a single line
  'alias paraport_lowlevel paraportpc'

I am using a AMD processor based system.  The mother board is 'A7S266-VM'.
It has 'Onboard AC97 Audio controller'.  The sndconfig program does not show
this option.

Can you help me, what to do be done next?

chandra