Re: [Sound] RedHat 8.0 and Audigy 2 sound card

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 10:56:37PM -0500, Brian Bilbro wrote:
> Hello Group,
>   I just signed up because I'm having a problem with my new install of
> RedHat 8.0. Everything is working great except for the sound card.  I
> have a Audigy 2 that doesn't appear to be supported :( (by default at
> least).   I've been doing some research (and even some compiling :P) but
> I haven't get it right.  It appears that the drivers at:
> http://opensource.creative.com/
>
> should work but the documentation for a *newbie* appears to be lacking.
> :(   Any tips/guides/suggestion/good list serv that could help me out?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

I just downloaded and blew up the tarball.  Maybe I expect too much of
a newbie, but I don't think you will have any trouble with it (he
said, confidently).

- Download the bundle.
- Go to a suitable directory where you want to blow it up, and then
  tar xjf /path_to/emu10k1-v0.20a.tar.bz2
  cd emu10k1-v0.20a
  less doc/README
- which will tell you to
  make
- and again
  make
- become root and install it:
  su -
  cd /path_to_where_you_were
  make install
- Add an entry for it in /etc/modules.conf
  cd /etc
  pico modules.conf
- which will read "alias sound emu10k1"
- Play something.

Cheers,
robertmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.cumbytel.com/~bobcatos/
Peace at any price is inflationary.

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]