[Sound] ES1869 soundcard hangs GNOME and KDE

Hi,

I have a Siemens Laptop with ES1869 audio card. I manage to run sndconfig on it, the sound sample plays fine (Torvalds saying Linux), but when I load Gnome (on Redhat Linux 8, but similar problems were with 7.1 - 7.3 versions too) things are going wild. As i touch the menus (and I suppose a sound should be played then) the computer freezes and hardware reset the only solution). KDE is worst than that: it hangs up while it's only loading... When I try cat /dev/sndstat it returns "No such device".

Can anybody help me out with this, please? Finally I found a Linux distribution that could rock as desktop (I was looking forward to this to happen for a long time...), but with no sound it just doesn't worth...

Ragards,
Szabi

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]