Re: [Sound] C-Media CMI8738 sound card for HP Vectra machine

We have two components that are crucial.

 - Chipset
 - Soundcard

Drivers that work well with a certain soundcard/chipset
combination do not work at all with another combination of
soundcard/chipset.

What are your options?

Try to find drivers for your chipset/soundcard combination.
That is not an easy task. I have tried many and failed 99%
of the time with only one exeption. Mandrake!

When installing Mandrake everything worked right out of the
box.

Intel 845 chipset, 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio and ALSA drivers.

Regards:

Kalev Nyman
---