Two Identical Sound Cards

Hello

I'm trying to install a series of sound cards in a RedHat 8.0 system.  They're
all  idential C-Media PCI sound cards and when I install them, Redhat tries to
make them all use the same memory address space (x388) which causes all cards
following the first to conflict and therefore not work.

Does anyone have any idea how to make the cards work together.  Moving the
cards between PCI slots isn't working and the SNDCONFIG utility refuses to let
me change the address space on the C-Media coard. (in comparison, if I tried to
install any ohter card it lets me change it's settings such ast IRQ, DMA, and
the addresses).

Manually making changes in the modules.conf file confuses me and since they use
the same driver I dont 'know if I can alias two sound slots to the same driver
and have it recoginize two seperate cards and configure them individually.

I'm really at my wits end with this, so please help.  I am baffled by the ALSA
drivers so I don't think that's an alternative. (I can't seem to bulid the
drivers properly so that i can modprobe them without errors.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

--acl

-------
Adam Leigh
Full Disclosure Media
http://www.fdmedia.com
--

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]