SIS7012(i810_audio) not working

I have a generic laptop running a full blown install of RH9.

It detects my SIS7012 PCI audio accelerator, the modules are loaded but
I get no sound.

The sound works okay on my Win2K boot.

anybody got any ideas? I have recompiled the kernel and modules and I
don't get any failed module dependencies relating to sound.  I get one
unresolved symbols error in ipmi_kcs_drv.o, but I don't think it would
be causing problems.

I have checked the perms on my audio device files and they are
okay(775).

If anybody has any ideas, i'd sure be willing to listen.

Thanks,

Bill

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]