Re: CD-ROM Not Working

    Please give more information.  What instruction, if any, did you give
to mount it?   Did the mount succeed without complaint?  Where did you
then look for data?
    Does fstab have a line in it refering to a cdrom, such as

/dev/cdrom   /mnt/cdrom    udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

If so, to what does your /dev/cdrom symbolically link?  For example,
ls -l /dev/cdrom might show a line including "/dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdd",
in which case you might be able to see that it really is a CD by
"cat /proc/ide/hdd/media" showing "cdrom".

Steven Yellin