Re: How to format screwed-up hard drive and reinstall OS.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 10:30:33AM -0800, peter wu wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have a dual-boot system (WinXP  & Linux), but during further partitioning, for some reason it got  really hosed up. Now I lost access to Linux, and I can only boot to  WinXP from GRUB. So, I need to format the hard drive and reinstall  Windows, but the reinstallation method provided by Dell (my computer  manufacturer) doesn't work on the machine. Where can I find help for  formatting screwed-up hard drive and reinstalling Windows?
>
>   Thanks for your help, in advance.
>
>   --peter
Well I have several things to say:
1. If Windows works all you have to do is to install Linux. At at this
point I would install Fedora Core 4 rather that RH 9, but the choice is
yours.
2. The installation of any Linux will allow you to format the
partition that will hold the Linux.
3. During the installation of Windows you can format the partition for
Windows as part of the installation.
4. I don't see what Dell has to do with it.