Re: How to format screwed-up hard drive and reinstall OS.

Yes, it is booting from the CD (I changed the boot seq). I get the following msg:

Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuraton...

Then the computer hangs.

Roger <morris_r@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When you boot to the cd, is it really booting from the cd, or just going
directly to the HD?

You may need to go into the BIOS and set the boot device to CD. You
may be able to press F-12 during the initial system start to pick a new
boot device. If you get to the grub screen, you've gone too far before
pressing F12. Usually, it's shortly after the memory check is done.

Roger Morris
687-3579
morris_r@xxxxxxxxxxx