Re: Not to be a bother but...

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 11:56, Kelly Slavin wrote:
> I have a simple question that I can't seem to find a direct answer to.
>
> When you upgrade system memory, what changes need to be made to your
> redhat system?  I mean, I assume you need to adjust your swap...am I
> correct in this and what other changes need to be made?
>
> Thanks in advance

It all depends.  :)

How much swap space do you have currently?  And how much swap space do
you currently use?

Adding more memory should reduce use of existing swap space.  IMHO
having more than 1GB of swap space normally does not make much sense,
except for very special applications.

If you are currently not hitting swap space much it is something you
probably don't need to worry about.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

If you flaunt it, expect to have it trashed.