Re: slow rate on outbound big packet.

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 14:22, Nina Pham wrote:
> I am trying to send and recieve a large file( 110 MB) between 2 linux
> servers(1 redhat linux 9, the other one is FC2) within my LAN. From the
> redhat linux 9 system, the  recieve test(inbound) finished in a
> reasonable time( 15 secs). The send (outbound) test took more than a
> minute to finish. However, from my FC2 server, send and recived took
> just about 15-20 second to complete. Any idea? Do you think it has to do
> with arp caching somehow?

I don't see how arp caching would have anything to do with this.

What is the topology of your LAN?  Any routers between the two boxes?

Did you check the interface stats to see if there were any errors on
transmit or receive?

If anything I would suspect the duplex settings on the servers and
switch being used.  I have seen cases where Cisco switches would not
negotiate the correct duplex setting which would cause problems, not
enough to break the connection entirely but enough to slow down
transfers.  This would show up as errors on the interfaces.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

Q:	What do you get when you cross the Godfather with an attorney?
A:	An offer you can't understand.