Re: Why can't i run mozilla while firefox is runing?

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:11:04 +0800, _________ wrote:

> Shrike-list____________
>
> 	I have installed the firefox on my computer. but when I run the command "mozilla" after a instance of firefox was running , it opens another instance of firefox instead of mozilla ,could you tell me the reason.

Depends on where you downloaded Firefox and which version it is. Firefox
is based on Mozilla technology. The command you run is just a shell
script, which tries to recognize and use running instances of
Firefox/Mozilla, and e.g. open new windows instead of starting the
application another time. Here with Fedora Core 3 I can start both
programs separately, so they no longer confuse eachother.

$ rpm --query mozilla firefox
mozilla-1.7.3-17
firefox-1.0.1-1.3.2

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.10-1.770_FC3
loadavg: 1.16 1.16 1.00