Re: up2date vs yum

    The archive you have been using,
http://mirror.datapipe.net/fedoralegacy/redhat/9/os/i386 ,
doesn't seem to have been updated since Feb. 27, 2003.  Maybe
up2date would be useful if you got it to look instead in the
repository set up for use by yum,
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/yum/updates/RPMS/
    yum is a facility with the same purpose as up2date, keeping software
up-to-date.  It seems to be replacing up2date. I'll bet if you copied it
from the place I gave, installed it, and gave as root the command "yum
update", you'd get all the updates you missed during the past two years.
Your system may have been quite vulnerable for a long time.

Steven Yellin