Re: NETWORKING WITH SAMBA

Dude... the capslock key... grab a screwdriver and remove it!

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

>>> ipmsmbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/27/04 12:21AM >>>
HI,

I HV PROBLEM SETTING UP A LAN WITH RED HAT 9 OS FOR THE SERVER AND WINDOWS 98 AS THE OS FOR THE CLIENTS.

I HV PARTIALLY (I THINK) SUCCESSFUL IN CONFIGURING SAMBA.  WHEN I PING THE RH SERVER IP ADDRESS, I CAN SEE THE TRANMISSION RUNNING SMOOTHLY.  HOWEVER WHEN I PING THE CLIENT IP ADDRESS, A MESSAGE 'UNREACHABLE HOST' APPEARS.

SO I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHERE THE PROBLEM IS.

 AND MAY I KNOW HOW TO CONFIGURE THE WINDOWS98 IN THE CLIENT  PC(EG.CLIENTS,ADAPTER,PROTOCOL AND SERVICE) FOR THE RH SERVER.

PLEASE ADVISE.

THANK YOU
MBE

the system manager.