RE: RH9 1st-timer.....

You want to setup a LAN so that the windows98 machines can login??

You would then need to use a program called samba. http://us1.samba.org/samba/

Pretty straight forward to setup. I think Redhat actually has a copy already installed. Have a look in /etc/rc.d/init.d for a file called smb . If its in then samba is already installed.

So what to do next is to run the command 'man smb'

Later

Chris