Cannot use RH9 + NEC Versa 6030x + PCMCIA cards

Greetings,

I have that laptop and a RE450CT Ethernet PCMCIA adapter. Everything
worked fine until RH7.something. Now I have RH9 installed.

When I plug in the card, nothing whatsoever happens. If I boot with
Slax or Damn Small Linux live CDs, when I plug the card in I hear one
bip only, then the whole thing freezes, and only a power cycle
restores control.

How can I make it work with RH9, or at least figure out exactly what
the problem is? Please don't hesitate to ask for test, specific logs,
whatever.

TIA,
	Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it

Give up vows and dogmas, and fixed things, and you may ... come to
think a blow bad, because it hurts, and not because it humiliates.
You may come to think murder wrong, because it is violent, and not
because it is unjust.  -- G. K. Chesterton.  "The Ball and the Cross"