RE: RH 9 Updates

shatam bhattacharya <mailto:ca0230@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Sure it does, you just have to configure it to use the proxy server.
>> Go to the home directory for the account you are using then "cd
>> .ncftp" and take a look at the "firewall" file.
> please take a look at my firewall file and suggest why it does not
> work. regards

I'm not familiar with squid but I'll take a shot at it.

What happens when you try to connect?  Could you perhaps cut and past a
session sample?

Typically either the passive=on statement needs to be uncommented and/or the
firewall-type variable needs to be experimented with.  We use the FWTK
proxyies here and the settings I use are:

firewall-type=1
firewall-port=21
#passive=on

--