Re: How to increase initially defined hard disk size.

Knoppix has a program called QTParted that can change the size of a partition,
but I don't think it will work with NTFS partitions.  You might try
SystemRescueCD, it's reported to be updated very often and to be able to
resize even fragmented NTFS, no need to defragment at all.
http://www.sysresccd.org/

There is also ntfsprogs. Contails a bunch of ntfs programs, including
ntfsresize.  Can't remember where I found it, but try googling on ntfsresize
and rpm