Re: RH 9 instal problems....

Hey everyone, thanks for the many replies on my problem.  I changed the reference to the /mnt/hd1, 2, or 3 should have been /mnt/hda, b, or c.  It now boots into the bootloader and TRIES to initialize the gui, but two new problems arose…  Now there is a problem with the swap partition (I think the reference to it is wrong, but what configuration file is it in to fix) and I fails to load X and the monitor turns off.  I can get the monitor and text to display again by pressing something like esc, or ctrl- +or- and it says it failed and I cannot get into a shell again.  i now know how to get a shell up from that chroot /mnt/sysimage command to get into and edit config files.  Just need to know which does the swap partition configuration go in.

And also, could someone please tell me the name of an easy to use text editor to use in a shell.  I found one called vi, but the commands are too cryptic and still haven’t found out how to just open a text-based configuration file, make changes, and save the darned thing without too many key combinations that are hidden and not easy to use.

Thanks very much,

Bryan