Re: Display can not change from "800X600" to "1024X 768" on RedHat 9.0

    Have you rebooted or otherwise restarted X since you
changed the XF86Config line which currently is

Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

    Have you tried [ctrl]+[alt]+[+] and [ctrl]+[alt]+[-] (hold both ctrl
and alt down while pushing either + or - on the numeric keypad) to change
X resolution?

    Are you sure you are using /etc/X11/XF86Config and not, say,
XF86Config-4?  See /var/log/XFree86.0.log to verify that it has a line
 (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config"
  and not something else, such as
 (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4"
    Even if you are using the XF86Config file you intend to use, maybe
/var/log/XFree86.0.log has some clue as to what is going wrong.

--
Steven Yellin