Re: Keep rhn-applet-gui from starting at login

On Wed, 12 May 2004 13:53:28 -0400, shane c branch wrote
> Mike Vanecek wrote:

> >> Unless I'm missing something, you just change your default boot to
> >> run level 3 right?
> >
> > No, I want to boot (login) in gui mode, not text mode.
> >

> Then what are you trying to stop?

I did a chkconfig to stop rhnsd from starting (turned it off for all boot
levels) for those rare occasions when I reboot my system (a service rhnsd stop
would have turned it off until reboot time). However, the Red Hat Network icon
was still showing up on my task bar. Even though I exited from it, the next
time I logged in, it would return. The solution was to save my settings when I
logged out.