Re: can't connect to LAN

I have rh 9 on my box with 845glly board and realtek 8139 lan card. The lspi detects it, and mine being a dual boot system,
have u configured the ip address correctly.

# ifconfig eth0 (displays the current ip of ur system.)

xp connects to the LAN, please suggest the needfull.
What do u mean my connecting to lan? there wont be any network neighbourhood icon in Linux. Try pinging your system with others in the network.

Also check if u have configured the firewall during setup. This is a very common error i see with windows admins. do check it and configure it properly or disable it(if ur not connected to internet).

All the best

SK
unintentional side effect.

                        --- Linus Torvalds