Re: What package provides scp1/2

I was under the impression (at the time) that Winscp
(Windows SCP) required scp2.  So I installed it.
Perhaps that decision needs to be reviewed.

The CD from CheapBytes says "Pink Tie", but all the
content screams RedHat.  Except for the CD label, I
don't see anything that says other than RedHat.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 09:40:28AM -0400, Brian T. Brunner wrote:

> Installation: a shrink-wrap "install everything" from RH9
(CheapBytes
> CDs).
> Add ssh 3.2.9
> and you have this problem.
>
> It may (still) be inept configuration on my part.
>
> Also William Hooper is correct; scp (from ssh) is not scp (from
> OpenSSH)
> and the two don't talk together nicely. How obvious this isn't
reminds
> me
> of the ipchains v iptables troubles we saw a while ago.
>
> However, a symlink from scp1 to OpenSSH::scp will do the trick.

Just to keep things straight Cheapbytes does not sell RH 9 . It
sells something it calls Pink Tie 9. Now these are not exactly the
same but close enough for most all things. Now if you install
everything you get OpenSSH. Why would you then install ssh form
another source?
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University