RE: /var/log/fail.log and /etc/motd

shane c branch <mailto:scbranch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also, they want /etc/motd present. That file exist, but the content
> isn't right. It seems they want the unix business notice in there.
> Where do I find this? I googled for it, but didn't come up with
> anything useful. --

You mean something like this:

                            NOTICE TO USERS

This computer system is for authorized use only. Users (authorized or
unauthorized) have no explicit or implicit expectation of privacy.

Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be
intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed
authorized site and law enforcement personnel.

By using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the discretion
of
authorized site.

Unauthorized or improper use of this system may result in administrative
disciplinary action and civil and criminal penalties. By continuing to use
this system you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms and
conditions of use. LOG OFF IMMEDIATELY if you do not agree to the conditions
stated in this warning.

*

--
Michael St. Laurent