Re: What's the best way to install a window manager at the command line?

Believe or not, creating a few linux VMs in a powerful laptop and building a small network with Linux are really fun.  I have 2 SLE8 plus 1 RH9, all in my laptop.  All three can be fired up at the same time and make a full function network - front end web/mail servers, iptables, mid tier - app server and backend my SQL... thanks for the IBM power house laptop!

The SLE8 works very smoothly with VM.  RH8 seems to have some problems loading X and NAT(sharing the host IP to access the public network). I started with a very very small installation of RH9 (700MB) to get start on Redhat, now I'm half way to a fully working copy of RH9.  All private networks work great between the three Linux VMs.   Now, I can play with anything without breaking any rules,

RH9 accessing outside world and X are just bonus play...

Regards,
Shan Jing

Unix Group - Americas
Deutsche Bank
2 Gatehall Drive, 3rd Floor
Parsippany, New Jersey, USA
shan.jing@xxxxxx
973.682.3463

                      Ajai Khattri
                      <ajai@xxxxxxxx>            To:       "Discussion of Red Hat Linux 9 (Shrike)" <shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                   cc:       shrike-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
                      shrike-list-bounces        Subject:  Re: What's the best way to install a window manager at the command line?
                      @redhat.com

                      03/21/04 11:53 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Discussion of Red
                      Hat Linux 9
                      (Shrike)"

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Shan Jing wrote:

> it's always so much fun with Linux ...

Well if you're gonna install on a VM machine and then screw up the package
system, what do you expect...?

Sheesh.

--
Aj.