RE: Installation after RH Support Ends

Hmm.. Did I sound ungrateful?? Didn't meant for that.
I don't trust the upgrade process. Sometimes there'll be problems.
(Sometimes)

& I dont' use random RPMS. I use (FC1)SRPMS to rebuild.

> You complain about the lack of new program
> versions, but
> then complain about having to upgrade.  You can't have it both ways.

Not really.. Maybe I was misunderstood. I'm just stating that the usual
apt repos/RHN will not have updated RPMS for RH9 for new program versions.
(most of them now gone to FC1) That's one reason why I can't upgrade.

Upgrading RH9 to FC1 would definitely solve the issue. but there are
drawbacks, I suppose

> Many people (myself included) have upgraded just fine.
> Backup your data
> and if the upgrade doesn't work you can still format and do a fresh
> install.

As I mentioned. SOmtimes there will be problems. So, to avoid
headache, re-install! I'm not here to argue. There are pros and cons.
how it weighs against each other, well, that depends on the end user.