Re: ssh

"strange" that is my middle name (it's spelled 'timothy' but that's to fool people).

The pass phrases entered when making the keys were both null.

The challenge is definitely for my local root password.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Brian T. Brunner wrote:

> This help has changed what I experience:
> I'm now challenged for my local password, not for the remote password.

    That's strange.  Are you sure you weren't challenged with something
like "Enter passphrase for key ... "?  That's what would happen if your
keypair were made with a non-empty passphrase.

> I guess that's progress?
>
> Brian Brunner
> brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> (610)796-5838

> Hello,
>
> Thanks a million for everyones advice,
>
> Kathy your solution works, thanks again. I must read up on the security
> implications of making those changes, but as these systems are internal
> its not that relevant.
>
> ivo,
> ireland.
>

> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 00:07, Kathy Bieltz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Don't know if this will solve your problem but I
> > went thru this misery trying to get a RH7.3 system
> > talking to an HP system without a password.
> >
> > The solution I found was to root edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config
> > and change
> > #ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
> > ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
> > and