Re: ssh

This help has changed what I experience:
I'm now challenged for my local password, not for the remote password.

I guess that's progress?

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

>>> imencke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/10/04 04:21AM >>>
Hello,

Thanks a million for everyones advice,

Kathy your solution works, thanks again. I must read up on the security
implications of making those changes, but as these systems are internal
its not that relevant.

ivo,
ireland.

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 00:07, Kathy Bieltz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Don't know if this will solve your problem but I
> went thru this misery trying to get a RH7.3 system
> talking to an HP system without a password.
>
> The solution I found was to root edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config
> and change
> #ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
> ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
> and
> #StrictMode yes
> StrictMode no
>
> Then I restarted the sshd daemon
>
> Kathy Bieltz
>
> Brian T. Brunner wrote:
>
> >I share your pain.
> >
> >Having read all the documents I can find, and having applied all the tweaks this
> >group has suggested, rsync *insists* on a password supplied to it from the keyboard
> >even when invoked from a shell script, and *refuses* to recognize key-based or
> >password-based authorization (except for a password typed on a kbd).
> >
> >I guess my name is 'cron' until ssh-for-dummies comes out.
> >
> >Brian Brunner
> >brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >(610)796-5838

> >Hello,
> >
> >yes I believe that is all set:
> >
> >RSAAuthentication yes
> >PubkeyAuthentication yes
> >AuthorizedKeysFile      .ssh/authorized_keys
> >

> >thanks,
> >
> >ivo.

> >>Did you enable pubkey auth in /etc/ssh/sshd_config ?

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

www.hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated