Re: Help trying to add "Devlopement Tools"

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, Jon wrote:

> System:
> x86 2.4ghz Intel p4
> 512meg ram
> RedHat 9
>
> I did not install the Development Tools initially, but am now trying to
> add them through the "Add Remove Packages" package management program
> but i receive the following errors:
>
> Packages not found:
>
> krb5-libs=1.2.7-10   krb5-devel
> openssl=0.9.7a-2     openssl-devel
>

> What is the problem? Do i need to install these somehow? where can i
> find them?

    These packages are on installation CD 1.  Apparently you must install
them before or in the same command as the devel packages you want to
install.  But you should not be installing these packages or the two
*-devel packages from the CD because they have all been updated, probably
for security reasons.  krb5-devel and krb5-libs are now at version
1.2.7-14, and the two openssl packages are now at version 0.9.7a-20.  Get
them all via up2date or copy them from some mirror for updates.  Mirrors
can be found on the web via http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html .

--
Steven Yellin