Re: resolving problems....

Check the contents of your /etc/nsswitch.conf file, and make sure that
your hosts like looks like this:

hosts:      files dns  nisplus

You can even get rid of the "nisplus" option, if you're not running an nis
service.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe