usb problems with Fedora (is there a Fedora list?)

I recentely upgraded from Shrike to Fedora, and it has worked beautifully for other than the fact that the usb drive takes a long time to mount, and it takes a long time to copy from or to it, as well as just doing a mere simple list check of the usb drive.
I know that my fstab hasn't changed, because I checked it.

Does anybody have an idea of what is going on?, Also, is there a Fedora list that I should be referring to?

-G