Re: Apache and PHP

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, joe wrote:

> Mike Burger wrote:
>
> >I just upgraded an old 7.1 box to RHL9.  The version of Apache that comes
> >with Shrike doesn't seem to want to do more than display my php3 files,
> >all of which worked previously.
> >
> >Hence, webmail be broken.
> >
> >Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >And yes, I did make sure to add things ".php" and ".php3" to my DirectoryIndex
> >line.
> >

> RH 7.1 was apache 1.3, RH  9 was apache 2.0, some things have changed -
> perhaps you are using some old config files with new apache version? In
> any case, the apache and squirrelmail that ship with RH 9 work just fine
> (and what ships with fedora is even better)
>
> Check old config files, look for files of the form "*.rpmnew" and
> "*.rpmsave", reconcile the differences and you should be fine.

I've taken that into account.  I went to the 2.0.x config file, and then
added my virtual hosts to it.  I still have some reconciliation to do with
that, but I'm getting there.

I'll try the handler options from Ajai and see what happens.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe