RE: Milter not being used in sendmail-8.12.8-9.90

Cowles, Steve <mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I was looking at my sendmail.mc file and noticed that I do not
> include the define statement after the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER statement.
> In fact, I found the following in the sendmail README (see below).
> The last paragraph caught my eye.
>
> Steve Cowles
>
> --- cut/paste README ---
> The INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() command performs the same actions as
> MAIL_FILTER but also populates the m4 variable
> `confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS' with the name of the filter such that the
> filter will actually be called by sendmail.
>
> For example, the two commands:
>
>         INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`archive', `S=local:/var/run/archivesock,
>         F=R') INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamcheck', `S=inet:2525@localhost,
> F=T')
>
> are equivalent to the three commands:
>
>         MAIL_FILTER(`archive', `S=local:/var/run/archivesock, F=R')
>         MAIL_FILTER(`spamcheck', `S=inet:2525@localhost, F=T')
>         define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `archive, spamcheck')
>
> In general, INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() should be used unless you need to
> define more filters than you want to use for `confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS'.
>
> Note that setting `confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS' after any
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() commands will clear the list created by the prior
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() commands.
> --- end cut/paste README ---
>
> FWIW: This is how I call spamass-milter... (all one line)
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=local:/var/run/spamass.sock,
> F=, T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')

A good thought but aparently it's not the cause the problem.  I originally
added that line in an effort to try everything I could think of to get it
working.  I've taken it back out and tried again with no change.

Thanks for the suggestion though.  ;-)

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation