RE: Milter not being used in sendmail-8.12.8-9.90

Cowles, Steve <mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First, I have never used clamv, but I haved used other sendmail
> milters. The key to my success with using milters was specifying the
> same socket name when I start the milter process. With that in mind...

Yeah, I started with this on the clamav lists and only started posting here
when they said "Clamav and the clamav-milter is starting and working
correctly and we can't see any reason your sendmail config would not be
working either, but... sendmail, for whatever reason, is not communicating
with the clamav-milter process."

> When you start clamv... are you specifying that it use the socket name
> specifed above?
>
> i.e. /var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock
>
> FWIW: With the milters I have used, the socket name is usually
> specifed with a command line argument. Something like: clamv
> --socket=/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock

Yep, the socket is in place and as far as I can tell the permissions should
be OK:

[root@guardian root]# cd /var/run
[root@guardian run]# ls -ld clamav
drwxrwxrwx    2 clamav   clamav       4096 Feb  9 09:00 clamav
[root@guardian run]# ls -l clamav
total 4
srwxrwxrwx    1 clamav   clamav          0 Feb  9 09:00 clamav-milter.sock
-rw-rw----    1 clamav   clamav          4 Feb  9 09:00 clamd.pid
srwxrwxrwx    1 clamav   clamav          0 Feb  9 09:00 clamd.sock
[root@guardian run]#

We were all quite puzzled and so I turned to the ultimate source of
technical knowledge... the Red Hat support lists!  ;-D

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation