Re: Dual boot Mandrake after RH9

Philippe wrote:

Hi,
I take my chance and hope this is the good forum. Any way, I had 2
choices, and I choose this foorum.
Anybody had tried to install Mandrake on another partition, completely
separate from RH9 ? Is there any conflict with the RH9 grub, or
everything is working flawlessly ?
Thanks for any advice.
Philippe

Well, I added SuSE9 after RH9 and the only problem I had (not really a problem) is that now the MBR (Master Boot Record) points to the Grub file under the SuSE partition.

Make sure you know all your partition names (hda1, hda5, etc) and, if you can, print out your grub.conf file to use as a reference. If not, copy it onto paper to help.

Otherwise it should be easy. (I have some mandrake disks someone burned for me, but they won't install properly, so I think they were burned bad,)