Re: Interesting Wireless Connection > dmesg

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 15:14, dont bother wrote:

(snip)
> Well but this is working at home
> where I dont require any authentication.
> When I will go to the University, where I require
> authentication, I am sure it will not work. I dont
> know why. If I make a new Wireless Connection, the
> icon on my panel shows WIFI strength 70% but I am not
> able to configure my machine somehow.
> Can someone tell me some command line arguments to do
> that.
>
> I am also sending my dmesg messages to show whats
> going on.
> Currently I have only one device eth0 active in my
> network configuration.
>
> Thanks
> Dont!

At Indiana University I am required to first make a VPN connection
before their wireless network will assign me a route through that
network. Perhaps that is the case in your situation. I would probably
have you ask your university IT staff what you need to do to
authenticate to their network. If you have a signal then most of the
hard work is already done.

Scott Kindley
Indiana University School of Nursing