RE: Linksys Wireless Card

damn it ! i should have asked you, guys, first ... ! :-)

anyway, i am very happy with my configuration, too, and i'd say all these
guys have done a great job .

now, my target is to put kde 3.2 on my machine ...

regards,
-ionut-

                      steve@stevecowles
                      .com                     To:       shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      shrike-list-admin        Subject:  RE: Linksys Wireless Card
                      @redhat.com

                      02/04/2004 08:14
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      shrike-list

John Haxby wrote:
> Ionut.Rusu.Boca@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>> :-)
>> before going to purchase all wireless cards available on the market,
>> here is what i've done with my linksys wireless card ( wireless g
>> one )
>>
>> i went to http://www.linuxant.com and i got their driver which i
>> installed it as they suggested. and it worked !!
>>
>> you can download a 30 day evaluation license ; the permanent license
>> costs almost US$20.
>>

> The linuxant driver is good and it works, but
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ndiswrapper is a bit cheaper and it
> works fine with my broadcomm wireless thingy.   I just wish
> the wireless manufacturers would release the specs of their devices
> so we could have proper Linux drivers.   On possible problem with
> the ndis-wrapper drivers (linuxant and ndiswrapper) is that NT has
> a kernel stack size of 12k whereas Linux uses 8k and a stack
> overflow in the NDIS drivers could have serious consequences.
> I don't think this is the only problem though -- but when it works
> it's fine, it means I can sit here without having to have a dirty
> great wire trailing over the floor.

I just wanted to echo my success with using the ndiswrapper driver with my
linksys/broadcom based wireless adapter (wmp54g). I have had zero problems
while using this driver. Plus the price is right (free!).

Steve Cowles

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.