Question about wireless option in kernel customization

It is the third time to ask this question. Because of some reason, I can not receive the mail from shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx untill today. So will you please answer my question again?

Sorry to bother you again. Something is wrong with my old mail account. So I send the question again. thanks ping

Hi, I got a problem in compile kernel for wireless card. My kernel is 2.4.20-8. I download pcmcia-cs-3.2.7 from sourceforge.net. My step is : 1. compile linux kernel. According to the O'Reilly Network's " Recipe for a Linux 802.11b Home Network ", I just disable PCMCIA support by set CONFIG-PCMCIA to "n". (In fact, I read several documents, and most of them advice to turn the CONFIG-PCMCIA off) 2. when new kernel is ok, I build pcmcia-cs, and restart the kernel. When I run /etc/rd.d/init.d/pcmcia to check the status, it said module yanka-sock is not found. All I know is that yanka-socket is for cardbus. When I turn off CONFIG-PCMCIA, it is also turned off. But I thinks pcmcia-cs should build this module. Is there some additional options should be set to start it? thanks ping