Wireless Authentication Problem

I have this stupid wireless authentication problem.
The problem is as follows:

I use Red Hat 9.0 and Xircom Wireless Card 340 Series.
At my home I access internet on Linux with wireless
connection, no problem at all.
But when I go to the University, where it requires an
authentication the browser does not open any page not
even the default wireless.univ.edu page where the page
asks for authentication for accessing internet.
My Internet Configuration wizard does not open as it
says it has some bug.
However, with the same card in Windows I access
Internet in the University pretty cool. When I try to
open an explorer at the start, the default university
authentication page opens and I log in and then use
the internet.

Please let me know how can I fix my problem in Linux
because I do all my research on Linux and nothing on
Windows coz windows sucks

Thanks
Dont