Re: Kernel 2.6 + RH9 + Laptop + Suspend + ACPI

On 15:43 08 Jan 2004, Ow Mun Heng <ow.mun.heng@xxxxxxx> wrote:
| 	Wondering how many ppl in this list is using the spanking new 2.6
| kernel
| on a RH9 laptop box.
|
| I've heard many thing about 2.6 (but still using 2.4.24 kernel) and it's
| supposed
| support for laptop interms of suspend/resume.
|
| I'm writing this "general" email to determine if there are any success
| stories
| from anyone using this setup.

Well, I'm trying 2.6.0 on a ThinkPad 560x.
Haven't got as far as suspend/resume yet.

It's not my default yet because:
	- haven't found the sounds driver :-( (only a minor irritant)
	- the "new" psaux module in 2.6 does make X11 happy:
	  It doesn't seem to be the much discussed sample rate problem
	  (mouse motion seems fine), but the buttons.
	  I have two buttons and run X11 in emulate-3 mode (click-both
	  means "button 3")
	  In 2.4 this works fine.
	  In 2.6 this fails. In fact, the right button seems to generate
	  multiple up and down motions when pressed and released.

Otherwise, it seems to work pretty well.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The truth is, I will not give myself the trouble to write sense long, for I
would as soon please fools as wise men; because fools are more numerous, and
every prudent man will go with the majority.    - Hugh Henry Brackenridge