Re: small break...

Brian T. Brunner wrote:

My comment: If you do as advised (use manual partitioning during the
install) then you can also select what type filesystem the installer
uses.
This file system type can be MSDOS, which would leave your linux
installation readable from XP.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, the file system type cannot be MS-DOS. You used to be able to have UMSDOS (which is readable from XP), but support for that disappeared a while ago. (The MS-DOS file system, and VFAT, don't support a lot of the attributes for files that Linux depends upon in order to be able to work at all.)

jch