Re: Kernel 2.6 + RH9 + Laptop + Suspend + ACPI

Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:

Also, any tips about suspend/resume and procedures to get it working are very welcome! :)

So far as I am aware, a lot of drivers don't support suspending yet. The APCI docs tend to suggest that it doesn't really work yet. On my laptop, I get all the APCI controls (loads of things), but I know suspend doesn't work and the suspend files in /proc aren't there unless you deliberately turn on the experimental option to get it there.

On the other hand, 2.6 has two different software suspend options under development -- this is Linux's suspend-to-disk and looks very promising, but I haven't tried it recently so I don't know how well it works -- I suspect problems with the display driver since suspend-to-disk is tied into ACPI and there's no ACPI support in the NVidia stuff that I use (it says).

jch