Re: Adding users

There is a PERL script out there (on the net somewhere) that does just
this. You have to customize it to suit your needs, and it works very
well. Don't remember exactly where I found it, I'll dig around my
archives and see if I can find it.
I worked at a school district in Calif, where I added 1500 users via
this method.

--- shane c branch <scbranch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tony Arcus wrote:
>
> > Anybody got a script that would read a txt type file with user
> names and
> > passwds, adds then and sets up the passwd?
> > I have schools with hundreds of students and don't what to type
> this by hand.
> >
> > tx
>
> if anyone does have such a thing, i wouldn't mind a copy as well. i
> want
> to convert a win2k server at work to linux, and i don't have any
> desire
> to setup those accounts by hand.
>
> --
> regards,
>
> shane
>

> --

=====
Keith R. Fulton
Guangzhou, China

Guangzhou is 16 hours ahead of California, 13 hours ahead of Washington D.C.