From: shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of John Colville
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 3:09 PM
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Adaptec 2100S SCSI RAID controller.

Thanks Jonathan,

I did as you suggested and indeed it all works very well. RH9 loads the
I2O driver during installation and the whole installation proceeds
without requiring any special attention.

I have a few more questions though. What happens when a disk in the
array fails ? I assume the sonalert on the card whistles its head off to
alert you of the failure but are there any Linux (GUI ?) utilities (are
they needed ?)  to assist in resynching the array once a new disk is
inserted ?

Thanks again,

John

DLP Linux Admin wrote:

> I have one.  The only thing I did was prepare the array in the cards bios,
> redhat 9 recognized it and the logical drive with no help from me (not so
> with previous releases... it was a real PITA).
>
> jonathan

On