Re: mount problem after upgrading to new kernel 2.4.20-24.9

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Stephen Ng wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I updated my kernel through RHN. After that on boot I noticed a message
> that says it cannot mount /boot because this is a duplicate. This occurs
> when mounting local file systems during the startup. This never happened
> with the older kernel (2.4.20-20.9). It is as if the system was trying
> to remount /boot when it has already been mounted earlier.
>
> Can some explain what is happening to me, and how I can fix it?

    I don't know what this has to do with the kernel upgrade, but my guess
is that you have two partitions with the label /boot, and your /etc/fstab
refers to the label, rather than the device in /dev, with a line beginning
with "LABEL=/boot".  If this guess is correct, you can fix the problem by
using 'tune2fs -L ..." to change the label of one of the filesystems.
Alternatively, change fstab to address the device with /dev/... instead of
by LABEL.

--
Steven Yellin