Re: list help

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 10:51:34AM -0500, shane c branch wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 09:29:19AM -0500, Jay Daniels wrote:
> >
> >>Anyway to obtain a digest of shrike-list for a certain date via email?
> >>

> >>jay
> >
> >Why not go to the archive for that date. Is that not equivalent?
>
> i think he wanted to get the archive for that date in digest form. does
> the archive support that? i thought it just had each message listed
> individually.
>
> --
I understand, but here is the problem. Digests from Redhat come out
several times a day. So there is no digest for a day.
The archive has all the features of a digest but two. The digest is
smaller and can be resident on your machine. On the other hand the
archive has a real search function and can be arranged by date ,
title or author. So it seems maybe the archive will serve the purpose
for him, but I admit maybe not.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University