Re: up2date demo mode?

shane c branch wrote:

that crossed my mind as well. i tried it with #!/bin/bash and got the same error.

i double checked the permissions by doing
#chmod u+x scriptname.sh

then tried to run it, but again got the error.

Check that the first line is *exactly* "#!/bin/bash" (or whatever) -- in particular make sure that there isn't a CR at the end of the line. If you do "cat -vet script" (where "script" is the file in question), you should see the first line shown as

#!/bin/bash$

($ represents end of line) The "#" character is the first one in the file, but I think the error message you've been getting indicates that. If you have

#!/bin/bash^M$

at the beginning of the file then you've managed to get a file with CRLF line terminators -- in this case "dos2unix" is your friend. You should work out how you managed to get a scripit created like this so that you don't do it again :-)

jch