RE: up2date demo mode?

Ow Mun Heng  said:

> [...]

2.4.23 isn't a Red Hat kernel.

> BTW, since up2date won't be 'up2date' come april 2004,

Sounds like the definition of EOL.

> I'm wondering how
> we,
> end users are gonna know about 'servere' errattas and the where the fixes
> are.

What fixes?  Going EOL doesn't mean just up2date stops, it means Red Hat
doesn't produce fixes.  You need to:

a) Pay someone to do the research and programming for you (Progeny has
said they might, if there is enough interest).

b) Join a project that is doing the research and programming
(Fedora-Legacy comes to mind, though we'll see how it works when it is
released).

c) Do your own research and programming

d) Move to a distro that is still getting support (RHEL or Fedora if you
wish to stay with RH.  Any number of other distros are out there).

--
William Hooper